Thank you for your answer. However, it is not possible to put back the invoice as a draft once it's been reconciled / paid or if deffered revenue has been generated.
In cas of deffered revenue, I would understand that account shouldn't be changed. But analytical data should still be editable until the accounting entry is definitely validated.
I think Odoo is missing a second validation of the accounting entry that should be independant from the confirmed status of the invoice. They mixed a two steps validation (invoice and accounting entry) into only one step. I think it's going to be hard to find accountants willing to work directly in Odoo with such a restriction.
Maybe I am missing something and it's possible to modify the journals or something else after the invoice has been confirmed...
Edit the Analytic Ledger.
You can reclass, adjust amounts, accounts, tags, add missing information.
From the Analytic Report in the Reporting Menu, drill down into the Account you need to create a missing entry or edit an existing entry.
Actually, I found another way around to book entries that were previously not linked to an analytical account.
- Go to accounting app / accounting / journal items
- Filter for the account (receivables, payables,...), the type of invoices (purchase / sales / ...), for the partner, for the amount or ...
- Find the invoice entry you want to modify the analytical account information for. Click on it.
- A new window will open; on the first tab you will find the related analytical account - if any. Go to the second tab. Here you will have the option to add more information.
- Click on 'add new entry'. Here you can enter the related product, the related amount, and/or the total amount, as well as the related analytical account. You might even want to split the entry over more then one analytical account if required.
Hope this helps.