In addition to the basic setup of the subcontracting feature in v.13, this entry has multiple attachments to help explain what Odoo is doing in the background, what journal entries it generates, etc.
Here is a link to a presentation explaining the basics of subcontracting in Odoo:
Three additional links to explain subcontracting behavior:
1. Implications of Accounting for Subcontracting in v.13 - Quick Notes
- A very shortened version to explain the necessary configuration changes to ensure automated accounting works properly.
2. Implications of Accounting for Subcontracting in v.13
- An extensive example to help illustrate subcontracting behavior in depth.
3. Subcontracting Journal Entries
- A summary of the journal entries created throughout the subcontracting process (with dynamic trial balance to show the resulting financial impact after each entry).
Thanks for providing and this detailed material on subcontracting.
Although this works flawlessly on Odoo 13 I cannot make it work on Odoo 14.
Fresh database, just a couple of products and same configuration as Odoo 13 yet in 14 when I receive the finished good, Odoo doesn't take include the cost of raw materials sent to the subcontractor in its valuation.
Is this a known bug? I noticed a couple of posts on the forum about similar issue but nothing more.
Your help in getting this to work in Odoo 14 would be greatly appreciated.