该社区面向专业人士和我们产品和服务的爱好者。
分享和讨论最好的内容和新的营销理念,建立您的专业形象,一起成为更好的营销人员。

One database with multiple companies OR isolated instances

odoo
2 Comments
Discard
odoo
-

I also forgot docker method. For each company build a docker container. So in total there are 4 ways to do it

odoo
-

I also forgot it, but I would call it more generic, virtualization or containerization.

3 Answers
odoo
Best Answer

The first approach is good for the companies having similar activities and business logic.

The second approach is good if you have entirely different type operation and data volumes. This will take more load in server, compared to the first one

so you can decide this way. I suggest.

Discard
odoo
Best Answer

Any comment on best practices for two companies with similar activities and business logic but with operating in different countries/currencies?  Related issue is that the price differences are not simple currency conversions, we charge more in one country than another calculated at an individual product level.  Any thoughts?

Discard
odoo
Best Answer

There is a third alternative: one instance and multiple databases. The proper way depends a lot on the business case and it needs a lot of knowledge and experience to find and deploy the most appropriate approach.

I have many years of experience with all 3 approaches, that's the reason for my statement.

1 Comment
Discard
odoo
-

But the different database is the different instance.