It can happen that a company has two different VAT numbers, due to existing regulations.
NB: In my case, my client is a Swiss company whose most business is handled through Spain. The Spanish government requires them to have a Spanish VAT number in addition to theirs, even though they are still considered as a unique entity. The company has then the obligation to submit a VAT declaration to the Spanish government.
To translate this in Odoo here are the steps:
1. Set up the foreign taxes in the domestic accounting:
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WITH:
- Set up the right account in the tax configuration;
- NO TAX GRID
2. Create new fiscal positions to apply the right taxes on the products;
- Add the 'detect automatically' option so that the fiscal position is set up on the sale order/invoice whenever the right country/country group comes up.
- Add the appropriate VAT number in the fiscal position so it appears on the reports.
3. To see the tax report for Spanish taxes only, just take out the option 'Use Tax Grid' in the filters
1 additional remark. The VAT number of the company will still figure on the pdf file. If they want to hide it, you should hide it in the view of every report so that only the foreign vat number is mentioned. Finally, if you have studio you could of course opt to add an extra field on the fiscal position and let it appear somewhere else on the pdf.
we had a simmilar request. We asked a developer to solve it though.
Under Settings > Companies where you usually store the VAT number of the company we asked to change the field to a list so that you can define the country and the VAT number. Then based on the country sold to we show the correct VAT number.
The module should be quite tiny and easy to write.
I have a similar request - our customers sometimes have several VAT numbers and we need to provide the correct VAT number on invoices. We are on version 15 Enterprise. I remember that this was mentioned in the Odoo Experience 2021 but I am not sure if this feature is already released.
Also slightly off topic but how did you insert the payment information including the bank information into the PDF report? I am not aware that this is possible by standard, did you create a custom inherited view?