Help

欢迎!

该社区面向专业人士和我们产品和服务的爱好者。
分享和讨论最好的内容和新的营销理念,建立您的专业形象,一起成为更好的营销人员。

Can I add a product without a price as a gift in a purchase order?

odoo
Discard
2 Answers
odoo
Best Answer

@Jort de Vreeze I know about that in Sale" but I want the same thing in "Purchase" module. 

1 Comment
Discard
odoo
-

Yes you can, and whether or not it affects your inventory valuation depends on a few things: Is it a storable product? If it is and your valuation method is Automated then Odoo will incorporate the total value for the purchase into your inventory valuation (at whatever method you are using AVCO, FIFO or standard cost) when the product is received.

In my opinion, best practice it to reflect what occurred in real life in your ERP system. If your vendor is giving you free product that you will stock and potentially resell, and then there is nothing wrong with receiving the product at zero cost. However, its important to understand how that will affect your costing. On AVCO the zero cost is incorporated in, so your Average Cost per unit will go down. On FIFO, you'll have a zero dollar cost layer. If you're okay with that, then you can certainly receive the product at zero cost.

If you're not okay with that, create the PO with a price and then issue a credit note to offset the related bill.

odoo
Best Answer

You can activate "Coupons & Promotions" in the settings of the "Sale" module. Here you can set rules when to give away a product as a gift. If you search for Coupons and Odoo on the internet you will probably find more detailed instructions for your use case.

Discard