分享和讨论最好的内容和新的营销理念,建立您的专业形象,一起成为更好的营销人员。

Stock Codes on Products

odoo
Discard
3 Answers
odoo
Best Answer

Hey,

You can input your product code/SKU in the internal reference field in the product master.

Also you can categorise your products by brand with the help of "product category" field.

But as you said you want the list view as code first then description that is not possible without studio module.

Thanks & Regards

Kuldeep Joshi
Business Analyst (Odoo India)

Discard
odoo
Best Answer

HI Kuldeep

Thank you for your prompt response to my question. I    wanted to use the Category field for the category of product such as Mobile device, Laptop Computer, Peripheral etc etc hence I    intend to use the stock code prefix to identify the brand. 

I    have managed to sort my product list to have the internal Reference (Stock Code) show before the Product description in list view. 

Thank you

Discard
odoo
Best Answer

Hi   Paul,

You can can change the sequence of fields by editing the list view, Go to Settings, turn on Developer Mode, 

Then Goto Product List view (Inventory > Products)

To edit the list, click the Debugger icon and then Edit View List.

3 Comments
Discard
odoo
-

Thanks so much Kiran. I had managed to do this already through the GUI from advice from a previous response, but your answer helped me to achieve the same in the code which was cool to see. Thank you. Is there a way to make a field mandatory in a product set up? I.E. I want to make the internal reference (which I refer to as stock code) a mandatory field for all products.

odoo
-

Yes, you can also edit the form view in the same manner you edited the list view.

Edit the form view and update field "default_code" with required="1"

<field name="default_code" required="1"/>

odoo
-

Thanks Kiran I have now been able to enforce the inclusion of default codes on products when they are created. Thank you. I played around and managed to get the Kamban view to list the default Code first and product name underneath as well as remove the [ ] thank you.