该社区面向专业人士和我们产品和服务的爱好者。
分享和讨论最好的内容和新的营销理念,建立您的专业形象,一起成为更好的营销人员。

Sales Order Delivery

odoo
Discard
3 Answers
odoo
Best Answer

Try creating a delivery order from the sale order.

On the sale order click on the delivery smart button, it would bring up all the associated deliveries, you have the option to create a new one.

If there is only 1 associated delivery for an SO, then you open that transfer duplicate it to modify the qty

1 Comment
Discard
odoo
-

Yes I think this is the best way to do it. Thanks!

odoo
Best Answer

Actually I did as Jaideep said, I duplicated the delivery order and delivered the remaining quantities and invoiced them

Discard
odoo
Best Answer

If you created a back order a 2nd delivery will be automaticaly created and related to the same SO. If you did not, well I'm not sure, but if you intend to send the 5 units from the begining just make sure to create a back order. That I would say is the best practice. If you need to invoice whatever you have already sent you can select that option, invoice upon delivered instead of upon ordered. I would say the only case where you don't want to create a back order is when the customer or yourself decide to reduce the agreed quantity of units on SO, and the same applies to the vendor and yourself on PO.

That said I think what you descrived was a valid way to solve a case when you did not create the back order.

EDIT: I was able to fullfill the request by going into the sale order, going into deliveries from the SO, once looking at the deliver order I created a new one, adding the remaining quantity, and then reinvoiced the order, which invoiced only the remaining items. Would that work for you?

5 Comments
Discard
odoo
-

Yes, I am fully aware of these cases. But suppose, I sent 3 out of 5 and created no backorder because the customer maybe then told me later that he don't want them. And after a while he requested them, so can I edit the delivery order and then invoice the remaining ones?

odoo
-

I would not edit the delivery order... I updated my answer.

odoo
-

let me try it

odoo
-

I don't think this works, since I tried creating a delivery with the remaining quantity for the same product but it didn't change anything

odoo
-

After creating that delivery (going from the SO) does it say the Source Document is the SO in question? You then have to confirm it and then it will be pending until you do the delivery, at which point once done, you can reinvoice. Is that what you did?