该社区面向专业人士和我们产品和服务的爱好者。
分享和讨论最好的内容和新的营销理念,建立您的专业形象,一起成为更好的营销人员。

Contacts visible to all users in a multi-company setup Odoo 13 CE

odoo
1 Comment
Discard
odoo
-

Unluckily my problem of contact visibility is still there, but luckily I eventually probably found out the confusing aspect of this issue.

I would believe the Contact visibility of Odoo in a multi-companies setup is working.

The reason users still able to see contacts not belonged to their company because the 'Company' field I seen on my Odoo setup IS NOT the 'Company' required to distinguished between companies in Odoo.

Why I know?

When I create a contact via Contact Form, this contact is visible/invisible properly among companies.

However, when I import contacts from xlsx with the field 'Company' as I seen, these contacts visible to all users.

That means the 'Company' seen is not the same as the Odoo 'Company' required, (or an additional field required).

So what help?

I create a contact from Odoo Contact Form and export that contact from Action->Export and select required fields to export, there are many Company field for selection, will you know which 'Company' is the 'Company' required by Odoo security control?

1 Answer
odoo
Best Answer

You can restrict the allowed companies for each user under "Settings" > "Users" > "User Name". Under the tab "Access Rights" you can select which companies are allowed for this user.  If a user is allowed multiple companies you can (de)activate companies left of the username in the top right corner. Also make sure that the contacts are assigned to the correct company. I hope this answers your question.

1 Comment
Discard
odoo
-

Yes, you're right. Upon double checked the settings, the feature is work. Contacts could not be shared without permission given.